Solar Energy Mining (SOLEMI) is a service providing irradiance data. The data are derived from Meteosat satellite images.
- Irradiance data: global horizontal (GHI), and direct at normal incidence (DNI)
- Temporal coverage: 1991 - 2005 (Europe and Africa), 1999-2006 (Asia)
- Temporal resolution: 1 hour * Spatial resolution: 2.5 km at sub-satellite
- Spatial coverage: Europe, Africa, Western Asia, parts of Australia and South America
This free sample is limited spatially to Europe and to the year 2005. For data from the full coverage please see contact details on the IPR & Credits tab..
The SOLEMI is set up by the DLR (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt - German Aerospace Center).
It is a joint effort of three units at DLR:
- DLR - Institute of Technical Thermodynamics, Department of Systems Analysis and Technology Assessment
- DLR - Institute of Atmospheric Physics (PA), Department of Remote Sensing of the Atmosphere
- German Remote Sensing Data Center DFD
Contact: e-mail:carsten.hoyer-klick_AT_dlr.de phone: +49 711 6862 728 fax: +49 711 6862 747 or
e-mail:christoph.schillings_AT_dlr.de phone: +49 711 6862 783 fax: +49 711 6862 747
Geographical coordinates (latitude, longitude) should be entered
- by clicking on the map
- or entering the name of a city
- or typing in the coordinates either in decimal degrees (e.g., 10.87) or sexagesimal degrees (e.g., 10° 52' 12"). Under ISO standard, a positive latitude means North, a positive longitude means East.
Two dates should be entered to define a period: the beginning date and the end date. Format is YYYY-MM-DD (e.g., 2005-08-30).
The results are presented in a tabular format.
Values are hourly means of irradiance, expressed in W/m2.
- First column is the date in ISO format: YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss
- Second column is the hour in ISO format: hh:mm:ss
This instant represents the end of the observation period, i.e., 12:00:00 means that the value is the mean from the hour 11:00:00 to 12:00:00. Time system is UT.
- Third column is the global horizontal irradiance (GHI).
- Fourth column is the direct irradiance at normal incidence (DNI).
|Press compute button to get result.